- 4 lbs Tri Tip (or blade steak or chuck-eye roast)
- 1 White Onion
- 2 jalapenos
- cloves garlic
- 15 ounces tomato sauce originally 8
- 20 ounces water (originally chicken broth)
- 7 tablespoons chile powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 4 slices bacon or pork sausage
- 6 ounces porter
- shredded cheese
- frito corn chips
- Cube meat into 1/4” cubes. Add 2 Tbls chile powder, 1/2 Tbls cumin and 1-2 tsps of Wesson (vegetable oil) and let sit for a while.
- Slice up onion and jalapenos (seeds removed) in food processor
- Saute onion and jalapenos and garlic minced very ?nely with some oil.
- At the same time, bring 20 oz water, 15 oz tomato sauce, salt, 3 Tbls chile powder, 1 Tbls cumin to a boil.
- Add onion jalapeno and garlic and begin to unred meat in portions, adding to mix as complete.
- Lower to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 90 minutes, adding water as needed.
- Uncover and simmer for another hour or so.
- 30 minutes or so before end, add 1/2 tablespoon cumin, 2 tablespoons chile powder and porter (or other beer).
- Grill bacon
- 10 minutes before end, add masa harina if you have it or corn starch/flour to thicken, bacon and tabasco to taste.
Description: Less meat, some pork, more tomato sauce, less cumin (from when 3lbs, no bacon or sausage, 8 oz of tomato sauce)