- 5th May - 9th May: Thomas is in France with the Speakes.
- 11th May: Gene arrives at 10.30 am on VA flight 20 to Heathrow. He and Thomas proceed directly to the Speakes’ in Oxfordshire. Gene and Thomas have lunch on the Thames at Christchurch Meadows.
- 12th May: Gene and Thomas walk from Milton to Blosham and have lunch at Bloxham Cemetary.
- 13th May: Jack arrives (no knowing when or where!) and makes his own way to Oxford, where he will be met by Gene and Thomas. Gene Thomas and Jack have lunch in Oxford.
- 14th May: Gene, Thomas and Jack have lunch with the Speakes at the Black Boy.
- 15th May: Jack, Gene and Thomas go to London and attend Evensong for Pentecost at 15:15PM at St. Paul’s. That evening Howard will take the three of them out to dinner for Turkish food. Jack and Gene are fine to stay at George’s.
- 16th May: Jack, Gene and Thomas spend a day in Leicester Square steeped in Star Wars. This will consist of Seeing Episode 4 at 10:30, 5 at 13:40 and 2 at 16:30. This is followed by watching the stars arrive for the premiere George takes his first final exam. Brian leaves the US at 4:30PM Pacific. Jack and Gene stay at George’s.
- 17th May: Brian arrives at 10.30 am on VA flight 20 to Heathrow, and Erin arrives. Brian and Thomas go to Howard’s to get Brian settled in. Gene, Brian, Thomas, Jack and Howard have sandwhiches at Howard’s. Gene Brian and Thomas walk through Hamstead heath and get drinks at the Holly Bush Tavern. Jack Dan Brian Gene and Howard go out for Italian dinner. Jack and Gene stay at George’s.
- 18th May: George takes his second (and last) final exam. Thomas and Brian do a bit of sightseeing around London, and catch up with each other. Midnight showing of Episode III at 00:35 with everyone in tow: Jack, Gene, Thomas, Brian, George, Erin, Rejane, Graham et al. George goes home immediately after the movie to finish the nap he started during Episode 3. Thomas and Brian cut out first after the movie to return to Howard’s to sleep. Jack Gene Erin Rejane and her 2 friends wander around London until 4:30am at which point Gene bails and catches a bus to Hackney to sleep.
- 19th May: 10.30 am showing of Episode III. Howard takes Thomas and Brian to an Opera at Covent Garden? George Thomas Brian and Gene hang out in Hackney at George’s having Indian takeout for dinner. Thomas and Brian stay at Howard’s. Gene stays at George’s.
- 20th May: Gene and George walk around town meeting Thomas Brian and Howard at the British museum. 21:00 pm showing of Episode III with Thomas Brian Jack and Howard. Thomas and Brian stay at Howard’s. Gene stays at George’s.
- 21st May: Howard takes the boys to see ‘Death of a Salesman’ at 2:30pm. Erin Jack Thomas Brian Howard George and Gene go out to dinner. Thomas and Brian stay at Howard’s. Gene stays at George’s.
- 22nd May: Attend High Mass at St Mary’s Bourne Street. Thomas George Brian and Jack see ‘The Tempest’ for ?5 a ticket at the Globe Theatre at 1 pm. Gene goes to the Tate modern and meets them after. Lunch south of the river as we wait for Jack and Erin. Jack Erin and Gene have dinner at Brick Lane. Thomas and Brian stay at Howard’s. Gene stays at George’s.
- 23rd May: Thomas and Brian stay at Howard’s. Gene stays at George’s.
- 24th May: Gene departs at 11.00 am on VA flight 19 from Heathrow. Thomas and Brian stay at Howard’s.
- 25th May: Thomas and Brian stay at Howard’s.
- 26th May: Brian and Thomas go to Oxfordshire to meet the Speakes. They walk around Oxford and are met by Graham at 5 pm for a tour of Christ Church. They attend Evensong at Christ Church Cathedral at 6 pm.
- 27th May: Brian and Thomas go by bus for a day-trip to Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare’s birthplace, where they are met by George. All three go swimming in the Avon. Joined later on by Graham and Jennifer for a picnic and ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’.
- 28th May: Graham takes Brian and Thomas to Blenheim Palace and to Oxford to see the boat races.
- 29th May: Brian and Thomas leave Oxfordshire early. Brian departs at 11.00 am on VA flight 19 from Heathrow.
Are we going to see star wars three times?
Is that ‘long term queing’ referred to in the timetable what all you lot will be doing as you wait behind me in line at the pub after my last exam whilst I try and repair the nerve damage with whisky? Don’t worry about that too much, honestly. I’ll probably need to visit the toilet after ten pints in a row, so you can get a quick word in with the bar maid then. Or, alternatively, it might be more efficient for you to get your order in before I finish my exam. (Brian, if this sort of talk is a little shocking, hello and arrr harrr, welcum to merrie englande).
Hope that helps. George.
George, you are a foul foul man. I’ll talk to the bar maid, you can hold my place in queue. -Gene