From sfgate article
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine mustard, vinegar and salt in a bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil until well blended.
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, cut in half and sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 green cabbage, core and outer leaves removed, and very thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- Macerate onions in the cup of red wine vinegar, and let sit at least 20 minutes. Remove onions and discard vinegar.
- Toss onions with jalapeno, parsley, cabbage and salt. Toss with vinaigrette until evenly coated.