Here is my experience getting a passport renewed last minute at the San Francisco Passport Agency.
I realized 3 days before departing the country that during my trip, my passport would expire.
- I called the Passport Agency and after navigating through the phone tree to talk to someone, I was transferred to another person who said to come in before noon and they would be able to help me.
- I went to the SF Passport Agency building
- Told the guard that my flight was in 2 days and he let me in
- Went to window #3 and spoke with a rep
- I confirmed with her that I had
- my form filled out
- my existing passport
- two passport photos
- $135 in check/money order/credit card (not cash)
- proof of my flight (plane tickets)
- She looked at my plane tickets and gave me a number, saying to wait till it was called
- I received ticket #68 at 9:42am on a Monday
- I was called up at 10:41am (about an hours wait)
- I gave the rep my existing passport, my photos, and my form
- I showed the rep my plane tickets
- I paid $135 with my credit card
- I got a cliam ticket
- They said to come back the following day between 11am and 4pm to pick up the new and old passports